9. Late applications
The deadline to apply for children starting secondary school in September 2018 was 31 October 2017. If you missed this deadline you can still make a late application.
Make a late application
We prioritise applications received on time and a late application may reduce your chance of getting your preference of school.
If any of your preferences are independent (fee paying) schools, apply directly to the school itself.
Before you start
You will need to have the following handy:
- A valid email address
- Your name, address and telephone number
- The first name, last name and date of birth of the child
- The name of the child's current primary school
- The child's permanent address (if this is different from the parent/guardian applying for a place)
- The names of your first, second and third school preferences
- Details of brothers or sisters who will be attending one or more of the schools you are applying to when the younger child starts in September
- If the child receives care, you need the name of the Local Care Authority that is responsible for this care and the child's social worker
- Some faith schools or academies may also require you to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF).
Click here to apply >
If you have already applied please don't use this form to make changes to your application. Please contact your area education office if you need to alter an application you've already done. Page 9 of 13