If you are under 18 years and care for someone with a physical disability, mental health problem and/or drug and alcohol problem then your local Barnardos Team can help you.
Here's how Barnardos can help you:
- They will provide you with information and support to enable you to feel valued and confident in your caring situation.
- They will offer confidential support and advice on everyday issues such as –
- Healthy lifestyle and personal safety
- Confidence, self-esteem and relationships
- Your role as a carer
- Hobbies and interests
- Decision making/ having a voice and
- Education, employment and training
- You will be allocated your own worker who will meet you on a one to one voluntary basis.
- You will have the opportunity to join the Young Carers Forum and attend group sessions where you can meet other young carers from across Lancashire
Contact Barnardo's Young Carers Service by phone on 01772 641 002.
- Barnardo's - find out more about how Barnardo's help young carers in Lancashire
- Youngsibs - a website for brothers and sisters of disabled children
- Young Minds - find out what young carers do, how to spot if it's getting too much and what to do about it
Understanding the roles young carers take on within their families