POWAR participation group
POWAR is a participation group for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. POWAR stands for: Participate, Opportunity, Win, Achieve and Respect
It is run by Lancashire County Council's Targeted Youth Support - Participation Service.
We influence decision making and make a difference to young people’s lives.
We hold regular meetings which are informal and fun. These meetings are open to young people from secondary school age up to 25.
What we do:
- People visit us to ask what we think about various issues and topics
- Carry out surveys and questionnaires for organisations
- Interview new staff and have our say on who works with children
Here is a description of our regular monthly meetings.
We help to:
- write the newsletters for POWAR
- update internet pages and the Facebook page
- create and review our workshops, training and interview questions
Young inspectors visit different services for children and young people to inspect them and then come up with ways that they can improve. At our meetings we:
- find out about future inspections
- write up reports
- suggest improvements for services that have been inspected
Visitors from different services and organisations often join us to speak to us and ask for our views about different topics. We also compile consultations or questionnaires.
Contact Suli or Lorna to find out more and sign up:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 07775 221 214
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07977 349 448