Dispensation to park in a restricted area
In exceptional circumstances the council will grant a dispensation for motorists to park in contravention of a parking restriction when it is necessary for them to undertake work or they are unable to park elsewhere. Dispensations will only be granted if certain criteria are met.
- Dispensations cost £5.00 per vehicle, per day.
- We will determine how long you can park in contravention for, up to a maximum of two weeks in any one period.
- Requests should be made at least two working days before the dispensation is required.
- Same-day dispensations can be granted for emergency cases only.
- Payments can be made by credit or debit card. Cheques will also be accepted but this must be received in our office before dispensation will be granted.
Dispensation requests for all areas should be submitted via our permit website:
- On the home screen register for an account at the bottom of the page.
- Once registered click on the link in your email
- Create password
- Once in the permit system go straight to apply for a permit
- Apply for a non-zone related permit
- Select dispensation from permit category
- Select online after approval in payment method
- Enter business name and address
- Ensure Vehicle Registration Mark is added along with the street, town and the restriction you wish to park on
- Select dispensation from and to dates
- Add any other relevant information
Your dispensation will not be active until such time as the council have approved it and payment in full is made. We require two full working days advance notice unless there is an emergency situation.
To discuss any issues or for enquiries only please telephone 0300 123 6713. Dispensations will not be granted over the telephone.