Dispensation to park in a restricted area
In exceptional circumstances the council will grant a dispensation for motorists to park in contravention of a parking restriction when it is necessary for them to undertake work or they are unable to park elsewhere. Dispensations will only be granted if certain criteria are met.
- Dispensations cost £5.00 per vehicle, per day.
- We will determine how long you can park in contravention for, up to a maximum of two weeks in any one period.
- Requests should be made at least two working days before the dispensation is required.
- Same-day dispensations can be granted for emergency cases only.
- Payments can be made by credit or debit card. Cheques will also be accepted but this must be received in our office before dispensation will be granted.
Dispensation requests for all areas should be submitted via our permit website:
How to apply for dispensations
At least 2 working days' notice required
- Press apply for your permit online
- Press Register
- Fill in your details and press register
- Once registered click on the link in your email to confirm account. If you do not receive an email, check your spam or junk folders
- Log into permit system with username and password
- Complete registration by selecting Business from customer type, and fill in name, address and contact details, and press submit
- From the Permit Applications Available section click apply next to dispensation
- Read and accept terms and conditions, click Next
- Enter location details and vehicle details, Press Save and click Next
- Select start date and duration, Click Next
- Click the check box next to 'I Do Not Need To Attach Proofs For My Dispensation'
- Provide additional information if required, Press Next
- Enter Purpose of Dispensation and click Next
- Enter Number or name of property working on details, click Next
- Enter Restriction type, click Next
- Enter Number of car length space required, click Next
- Press pay now
Your dispensation will not be active until such time as the council have approved it and payment in full is made. We require two full working days advance notice unless there is an emergency situation.
To discuss any issues or for enquiries only please telephone 0300 123 6713. Dispensations will not be granted over the telephone.