Parking bay suspension
A parking bay suspension request may be made for times when a specific parking bay or parking bays are required for a particular activity to be carried out, where it would not be possible without full access to the bay or from any other position or parking place.
Suspensions will not be granted if it appears the suspension is being requested for convenience rather than necessity.
The standard cost for suspending a parking bay is £25.00 per 6 metres per day.
The bay suspension cannot be put in operation until the form and payment have been received. Once the bay suspension signs are in situ it is still possible vehicles park in the area in question, but our officers will carry out their normal enforcement if in the area and will not be able to respond to ad-hoq requests.
Please note: an 8 working days' notice is required to process the suspension request with payment. We will not be able to process requests where sufficient notice has not been given, or payment has not been received. A refund cannot be given if the works end earlier than expected.
All parking bay suspension requests are considered at the discretion of Lancashire County Council. No liability is accepted for any financial loss (whether direct or consequential) that may arise as a result of accepting an application.
If you want to extend a suspension you must submit a new application making reference to your existing suspension.
Suspension requests for all areas should be submitted via our permit website. This will speed up the process and enable us to process your request more effectively. You will need to download and fill in the application form and attach in the online application.
Parking bay suspension application form (DOCX 63 KB)
- On the home screen register for an account at the bottom of the page.
- Once registered click on the link in your email
- Create password
- Once in the permit system go straight to apply for a permit
- In permit category select Bay Suspension
- Permit type select Bay Suspension
- Enter the number, street name, town, and postcode.
- Upload your Bay suspension application
- Select Pay Now in payment method
- Enter details of bay suspension and reason why this is required.
- Provide the number of 6 meter bays you require to suspend
- Select the dates the bay suspension is required (note we require 8 working days' notice to put this into place)
- Check the price £25 per day per 6m length
- Agree the terms and conditions
- You will now be required to provide your payment details.
- You will receive an Email once this has been approved
Postal applications please complete the application form (DOCX 63 KB) and send to the address in the application form with the correct payment. Form and payment to be received no later than 14 days from the date of commencement of works.
Your bay suspension will not be active until such time as the council have approved it and payment in full is made. We require eight full working days advance notice if applying online and 14 working days for a postal application.
To discuss any issues or for enquiries only please telephone 0300 123 6713. Bay Suspensions will not be granted over the telephone.