Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) service provides management and oversight of individual cases of allegations of abuse made against those who work with children.
The LADO must be contacted when you have received any allegation or concern about any person who works with children who may have:
- Behaved in a way that has harmed, or may have harmed a child
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against, or related to, a child; or
- Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children
- Behaved or may have behaved in a way that indicates they may not be suitable to work with children
These procedures may also be used where concerns arise about:
- The person's behaviour with regard to his/her own children
- The behaviour in the private or community life of a partner, member of the family or other household member
- A person's behaviour in their personal life, which may impact upon the safety of children to whom they owe a duty of care.
Contact and further information
- Tel: 01772 536 694
- Email: LADO.Admin@lancashire.gov.uk
To notify the LADO of an allegation or for more information including the procedure for managing allegations please see the following documents: