Children missing education

The term missing education means a child who is not registered at a school (or an alternative arranged by the council), and who is not receiving a suitable education at home.

If you are aware of a child or young person who you think may be missing education you can use our online form to notify our Children Missing Education Officers.

Guidance and forms for schools to report removal from roll, and withdrawal from school to home educate are available on the Schools' Portal.

The Department for Education provides statutory guidance (external link) for local authorities and advice for other groups on helping children who are missing education get back into it.


The Education Support Centre
Union Street

Tel: 01257 517333