Community Team Support
The main sources of help for community projects from Lancashire County Council are:
Lancashire County Council's Communities Team use their skills and experience to work with the people of Lancashire to support projects to strengthen communities and improve wellbeing. We support projects with realistic goals that, encourage people to be healthier and improve their local environment.
We are particularly keen to work with:
- Projects to support Health and Wellbeing, where they are led by local community members.
- Improvements to green spaces, particularly in areas with limited quality green space.
- Food-growing and healthy eating projects, particularly where they are supporting food insecurity.
- Improvements to community buildings.
- Training and development support.
- Projects which tackle loneliness and social isolation
If you believe that your organisation and project activity match these criteria and would like our assistance, please contact:
Christ Church Precinct
County Hall Preston
We are working with partners to identify and provide external funding opportunities for local people, community groups and organisations.
Potential grant funding opportunities can now be accessed on the new, free-to-use Lancashire County Council 4 Community online search tool. To register and find out more, please visit Lancashire County Council 4 Community.
Help and advice on making a funding application is available on the Lancashire County Council 4Community online search tool. For additional information on local statistics to support your application visit Lancashire Insight.