Free school meals

9. Proof of benefit

We use the government benefits database to check entitlement for free school meals.

If it shows that you are not entitled, you may need to provide further proof of your entitlement so that we can check your claim again.

You can do this by providing us with a copy of one of the following documents:

  • Your most recent Universal Credit award notice (paper award notice or screenshot of last month's online statement). 
  • The letter showing the breakdown of income support payment.
  • The letter showing the breakdown of jobseekers allowance or Employment Support Allowance.
  • Your complete TC602 Inland Revenue tax credit award notice for the current tax year.
  • Your Pension Credit M1000 award notice.
  • NASS support notice or IS96 document. You must include your NASS reference number, Port reference number and the name of authority providing support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum act 1999.
Page 9 of 10