Allergen information for food law enforcement officers
We recognise how important it is to ensure businesses get the information they need to be able to understand their responsibilities with regards to allergens.
A number of training presentations and materials have been produced, to be used alongside the films. We can arrange a train the trainer session to help you to make the best use of these resources - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food business awareness training materials
- Allergen awareness for food businesses (PDF 1.16 MB)
- Matrix exercise: Allergen training recipes (DOC 1.12 MB)
- Matrix exercise answers: Allergen table template exercise (DOC 42 KB)
- Megan's Story film (YouTube)
Non-food business awareness
- A day in the life of Chloe – non-food business awareness presentation (PDF 642 KB)
- A day in the life of Chloe film (YouTube)
- A day in the life of Chloe - supporting notes for employers (DOCX 19.8 KB)
If you are using the materials please credit their production to Lancashire County Council Trading Standards Service and Hyndburn Borough Council Environmental Health.
There are also some guidance documents available for Enforcement officers, to help promote consistency of enforcement across the country:
- Inspection Aide Memoire for Environmental Health Officers
- Officer Inspection Checklist – suggested phrases
- Guidance for caterers on cross contamination (to be used as a risk assessment by businesses)
- Allergen enforcement decision tree
- Allergen investigation and interview tips
- Suggested Memorandum of understanding for two tier authorities:
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like copies of these.