Red Rose collections
Red Rose Collections gives you online access to:
- nearly 30000 historic photographs of Lancashire people and places
- indexes to two key collections at Lancashire Archives:
- Whittingham Asylum patients, 1873-1914
- Lancashire Constabulary police officers, 1840-1925
- an index to newspaper articles from the early 19th century onwards which are held on microfilm and cuttings files in libraries across Lancashire.
Can You Help Keep East Lancashire in the Picture?
Would you like to learn new skills and find out about East Lancashire's rich past by…
- digitising historic photographs so they can be added to Red Rose Collections
- taking more photographs so that people in the future can see what East Lancashire is like now
- thinking of ways for people to enjoy these old and new images, both online and through events and exhibitions
Why do we want to do this?
- old photographs are a wonderful gateway to our shared local history
- most of the historic photographs cared for by the libraries in East Lancashire are not yet available online
- we want these collections to be more representative of people living in East Lancashire today
What comes next?
We will be applying in March 2023 for the funding we need to get our project off the ground, and hope to get started in September 2023. What do you think of our idea? Would you, or someone you know, like to give some time and get involved?
Contact us at email@example.com to let us know you are interested and we will keep you updated as the project takes shape.