Landscape Architects provide specialist professional advice on landscape policy and design throughout Lancashire. The service comprises the following activities:
- Landscape input to the statutory planning process through advice on environmental impact assessment, the landscape aspects of planning applications, local plans and the Minerals and Waste Local Plan.
- Provision of strategic landscape good practice guidance through, for example:
- Landscape character assessment (PDF 6.55 MB)
- Landscape strategy summary (PDF 2.04 MB)
- Landscape strategy (PDF 5.42 MB)
- Landscape Sensitivity to Wind Energy Development (PDF 3.02 MB)
- Developing and advising on landscape projects within the County Council and other local authorities, government agencies, volunteer groups and charities including developing partnerships and funding packages.
- Providing landscape advice on applications to the Forestry Commission's Woodland Grant Scheme and other forestry and environmental initiatives such as the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Landscape Character Assessment
- Providing landscape input to statutory management plans such as the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty Management Plan
- Providing information to members of the public, developers and consultants on landscape issues and policy. There is a charge to private developers and consultants for provision of information especially that relating to Landscape Character and Historic Designed Landscapes.
The Development Management Group
PO Box 100
Telephone: 01772 534135