If you are under 18 years and care for someone with a physical disability, mental health problem and/or drug and alcohol problem then your local Barnardos Team can help you.
Here's how Barnardos can help you:
- They will provide you with information and support to enable you to feel valued and confident in your caring situation.
- They will offer confidential support and advice on everyday issues such as –
- Healthy lifestyle and personal safety
- Confidence, self-esteem and relationships
- Your role as a carer
- Hobbies and interests
- Decision making/ having a voice and
- Education, employment and training
- You will be allocated your own worker who will meet you on a one to one voluntary basis.
- They will introduce you to other young carers in a group setting where you can participate in fun activities to take a break from your caring responsibilities. These are called Time Out Sessions.
Time out sessions – for more information on what's on offer during time out sessions and how to get involved.
Barnardos – find out how to contact someone from Barnardos.
Youngsibs - a website for brothers and sisters of disabled children.
Babble - an online community for young carers