Proactive Approach to Conflict– for Adult Services SW19
Who is this course for?
This course is for staff working in Adult Social Care - social work and health staff and Approved Mental Health Practitioners
It is mandatory training for Social Workers, Social Care Support Officers and Occupational Therapists.
The training is also for anyone working in Adult Services who deals with members of the public in the course of their work i.e. Finance, Libraries, Museums, Cultural Services and Registrars.
This course is aimed at people who have not undergone any previous training in prevention of violence.
(Older People Services and Adult Disability Provider Services undertake their own in house training)
To enable delegates to identify and reduce the risks of Lone Working in order to develop safer and more confident practice.
- Be clear about their legal rights and responsibilities regarding violence in the workplace.
- Describe the main points of Lancashire County Council’s policy on violence in the workplace.
- Describe their own behaviour and the way they react in difficult situations.
- Describe the main points of effective Verbal and Non-Verbal communication.
- Identify how focussing on the communication that is occurring, rather than the behaviour is often key to a successful outcome.
- Outline how to be Assertive, ‘Adult’ and Compassionate in order to diffuse potential conflict.
- Have a clear understanding of the importance of Supervision, Staff Care and De-Briefing with regard to conflict and Lone Working.
- Accurately report and record incidents in line with LCC Policy
Steve Jones from SPACE
Delivery Dates & Venue
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ
- 16/01/18 09:30 to 16:30
- 08/02/18 09:30 to 16:30
- 08/03/18 09:30 to 16:30