DoLS, BIA and MH Further relevant training SC122
Who is this course for?
Practitioners, clinicians & doctors who are qualified (or trainee) Best Interest Assessors under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, who are required to complete mandatory further relevant training of six hours per annum for DoLS BIA's and 3 hours per annum for DoLS MH assessors in order to maintain their status.
Content will include:-
• Case law updates
• Reflective practice within peer group
• Exploration of the actual process of assessment
These events will focus on the assessments required in a DoLS assessment capacity, eligibility, mental health, best interests, no refusals & age.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- An understanding of developing themes in Mental Capacity Act deprivation of liberty safeguards activity.
- An awareness of recent case law concerning Mental Capacity Act deprivation of liberty safeguards.
- An understanding of the implications of recent case law on practice.
- An opportunity to share experience and knowledge about the challenges faced by best interest assessors and explore solutions
Neil Allen is Lecturer in Clinical Legal Education
School of Law
The University of Manchester
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ
- 14/12/17 09:30 to 16:30
- 07/03/18 09:30 to 16:30