SEND - Complaints

There are times when you may be unhappy with your special educational needs (SEN) provision or support at school or college and need help and guidance to sort those problems out.

There is a guide that provides advice for young people aged 16-25 and who have a special educational need or a disability:

The guide includes information about services that can help you. You can find out more local services below.

More information and advice

Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS)

Your local service is The Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Team 

Local authority

Your local authority is Lancashire County Council and this is our complaints procedure and SEND local offer.

You can also ask us to carry out an education, health and care (EHC) needs assessment.


Your local Healthwatch is Healthwatch Lancashire (external link) and in Lancashire there are six Clinical Commissioning Groups.

Disagreement resolution and mediation

Your local disagreement resolution service and special educational needs mediation service are provided by Global Mediation.

Contact Global Mediation’s SEN case manager on 0800 064 4488. This service is free of charge and your conversation is confidential.