LINX - speaking for you
LINX is Lancashire's children in care council. It stands for Listen Involve Negotiate Xpress. They are a group of children and young people working hard to give you a voice and to influence the way we run services for you.
LINX has a main group of 30-40 members and 70-80 additional young people across Lancashire who take part at different levels.
The ways LINX can help you includes:
- Co-chairing meetings at Lancashire County Council's Corporate Parenting Board and raising issues that are important to children in care such as the council tax exemption for care leavers
- Attending recruitment and selection training and carrying out speed interviews for new social workers and foster carers
- Producing a training video for social workers on how to communicate with young people
- Participating in a whole range of consultations and events including:
- co-developing resources with Lancashire County Council’s Fostering and Adoption Service
- children in care and social media research
- presenting at the Lancashire Safeguarding Children’s Board
- sitting on the Voice Over group which feeds into the Post Ofsted Improvement Board
- organising and attending the PROUD awards, celebrating the achievement of children in care
Barnardos runs LINX so, if you would like more information, please contact Barnardos' participation worker on 01772 629470 or 07850 213298 or see the newsletter on the Barnardo's website for meeting dates.