Leaving school, what next?

The law now states that you need to continue in education until at least your 18th birthday.

This does not mean you must stay in school. You can choose from the following options:

Your school careers teacher/advisor will be on hand to help look at the options available.  You can also contact the National Careers Service or Lancashire County Council's Employment Support Service.

You may be entitled to financial assistance to help with course costs, living costs and childcare depending on your circumstances and the subject you are studying towards.

If you would like help, get in touch with us for confidential information, advice and support.