Let's do it for Lancashire
The Lancashire Resilience Forum is encouraging all stakeholders to share these simple messages by giving them a truly Lancashire flavour, encouraging positive public action.
We have a simple range of key messages which are badged under the strapline "Let's do it for Lancashire". Our key messages are:
- Coronavirus is still with us.
- We all have a part to play to combat the virus - by taking simple steps.
- Social distancing is key - that means keeping our distance from people not in our households or our "bubbles".
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a face covering in enclosed public spaces, including on public transport, and in shops and supermarkets.
- Stay at home if you have symptoms - and don't be a contact
We want the people of Lancashire to buy into these messages, so our messaging is positive and simple.
We want our messages to be local and human. This is about Lancashire coming together to combat coronavirus and enjoy our lives safely as lockdown is eased, so our comms should have that Lancashire feel. We will use engaging local voices which resonate with local people and which they can identify with.
We also need to keep our messages visual that will catch the public's attention. And we will keep it responsible by encouraging people to play their part with the core message of "Let's do it for Lancashire".
Social media resources #LetsDoItForLancashire
These resources have been created in partnership with colleagues at Wyre Council.
Please share these across your social networks. Feel free to adapt the wording to suit your audiences.
Eid - 12.05.21
Twice-weekly testing available to everyone - 09.04.21
Ramadan - 08.04.21
Roadmap Step 2 - 12 April - 08.04.21
Easter - 31.03.21
Social media messages
- Covid Anniversary social media messages LRF DOCX 214 KB
Roadmap out of lockdown - March 2021
Covid-19 Vaccine FAQ Social Media GIFs - 27.01.21
Covid-19 Vaccine Social Media Images - 22.01.21
Support and Childcare Bubbles - 15.01.21
Videos from Dr Sakthi Karunanithi, Director of Public Health
You can access videos of Sakthi answering key questions, via this YouTube playlist: Local coronavirus restrictions FAQs
or download them here:
- Rule of 6 MP4 4.17 MB
- What can we do to protect ourselves? MP4 8.85 MB
- What is happening locally to help with problems around testing? MP4 3.84 MB
- What needs to happen before restriction are lifted? MP4 4.06 MB
- Why can I go to work but I can't meet friends and family at home? MP4 4.35 MB
- Why can my child go to school but I can't see family? MP4 5.40 MB
- Why is it illegal to meet at home but people can socialise in the pub? MP4 3.67 MB
- Does Covid sleep between 10pm and 5am? MP4 3.45 MB
- How can we keep vulnerable residents safe? MP4 5.79 MB
- Myth - only older people are affected by COVID-19 (GIF 824 KB)
- Myth - with a face covering you don't need to socially distance (GIF 717 KB)
- Myth - socially distancing isn't needed if you're outside (GIF 756 KB)
- Myth - it's not in my area so we don't need to do anything (GIF 757 KB)
- Myth Busting (PDF 312 KB)
Mythbusting images (1200 x 600)
Mythbusting images (Square: 1200 x 1200)
Local area resources
Other general images (Square)