Social care complaints – effective complaints handling SC114
Who is this course for?
This training is for all managers who lead on and respond to complaints from customers/their representatives about Adult Services.
This course is intended for staff new to complaint handling, and those wishing to refresh their skills. It will outline the statutory complaint handling arrangements, investigation techniques, dealing with joint complaints, Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) complaints, persistent complaints and the links with other processes, such as safeguarding, MP/Councillor enquiries and learning from complaints.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Describe our statutory duty, the complaint policy and guidance.
• Outline links with other processes.
• Describe the Complaints & Appeals Team and Advocacy (support) role.
• Correctly signpost customers and staff who enquire about making a complaint.
• Explain the importance of good complaint handling within your team/ function.
• Confidently using a complaint plan, carrying out a complaint investigation and providing a final response.
• Outline the learning opportunities that feedback can provide
• Describe the importance of contact with the complainant and closing down complaints.
• Outline the role of the Local Government Ombudsman and their investigations into complaints.
Chantel Finley & Susan Shannon, social care feedback managers.
Delivery Dates & Venue
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ
- 19/09/18 09:30 to 16:30