Acquired brain injury SCSC36
Who is this course for?
All staff within adult services personal social care including mental health teams.
To give participants an understanding of acquired brain injury (ABI) and equip them with the knowledge and skills to support people living with an ABI.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Define the term Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) as an injury caused to the brain since birth.
• Describe what is meant by the term 'hidden disability'.
• Define the severity of injury and the mechanisms of brain injury.
• List the cognitive, behavioural, emotional and physical consequences of a brain injury.
• Outline the common problems and issues faced by a person living with an ABI.
• Describe the application of equality and mental capacity issues as they relate to this subject.
Delivery Dates & Venue
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ
Currently no training dates available.