Home care (domiciliary)
Department of Health and Social Care guidance
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing for homecare workers sets out how homecare agencies in England can order regular tests for their homecare (domiciliary care) staff.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): providing home care - Information for those providing personal care to people living in their own home during the coronavirus outbreak.
- COVID-19 how to work safely in domiciliary care
- COVID-19: guidance for stepdown of infection control precautions within hospitals and discharging COVID-19 patients from hospital to home settings - advice on appropriate infection prevention and control (IPC) precautions for patients recovering or recovered from COVID-19 and being discharged to their own home or residential care.
- Morecambe Bay Domiciliary Care Providers Antibody Testing Letter 27 July 2020 (PDG 165 KB) This letter from Morecambe Bay CCG provides information for domiciliary providers within the Morecambe Bay CCG area re: how to access antibody testing. Providers should have received a copy of the letter directly.
Infection Control Fund 2020 – Payments to CQC registered non-residential care providers in Lancashire
Here is a copy of the template letter that has been sent to all non-residential providers by LCC's Contract Management Team about our local Infection Control Fund Grant payments to CQC registered non-residential care providers in Lancashire.
- Community services IPC funding letter (PDF 643KB)
Care Navigation sourcing update (domiciliary care)
Hospital discharge referrals sourcing domiciliary care
(Updated 23 March 2020 )
No requirement to source the provider via Oracle
- Framework providers in the first instance from the lot and zone and please alternate whom you contact first where possible.
- If unsuccessful, Non-Framework providers can be approached to assist sourcing.
- Once a provider has been identified – this package will be issued on Oracle direct to the relevant provider - this step should not delay discharge.
Community referrals sourcing domiciliary care
- Round 1 to be undertaken - Framework providers approached (appropriate zone and lot) using oracle sourcing.
- If unsuccessful at Round 1, Non-Framework providers can be approached to assist sourcing. This can be completed via telephone.
Ensure care Navigation and Contract Management are updated if there are any key changes to your key care sourcing contact details.