Friday, March 08, 2019
More than £9,000 in grant funding is being handed out to young people's groups across Lancashire.
Groups in Ribble Valley, Hyndburn, Pendle, Preston, Lancaster, Fylde and West Lancashire will receive the funding after it was approved by Lancashire County Council's cabinet on Thursday 7 March.
Details of the grants and the amounts that were approved are:
• Streetwise Youth Group, Fylde, which was awarded £1,500 towards a three month project to engage young people in fitness activities.
• Clitheroe and District Amateur Swimming Club, which has received £1,980 to fund a swimming teaching programme
• First Upholland Scout Group, West Lancs, which has been given £2,000 to fund two new beginners' canoes, flotation devices and securing straps.
• 1st Morecambe and Heysham – The Boys' Brigade, which was awarded £650 to fund sailing activities at Tower Wood.
• Fishwick Rangers Youth and Community Development Scheme, Preston, which received £2,000 towards an educational programme.
• Barnoldswick FC, Pendle, which secured £250 to fund 25 new match footballs.
• Spring into Action, Hyndburn, which was awarded £905 to fund an inclusion week, where activities for children and young people with learning disabilities are provided.
The funding for these grants was recommended by local district youth councils.
Visit our cabinet page and see agenda item 10 to find out more background information about the grants.
A link to the webcast of the young people's grants item discussion has also been added to this page.