Tuesday, November 06, 2018
The work needed at Poulton Library has now started.
Work is being carried out to replace most of the existing plasterboard ceiling in the main public area with a new insulated lightweight suspended system.
The library on Blackpool Old Road Road closed recently (Tuesday 22 October) for the replacement work to be carried out, and will reopen as soon as possible.
County Councillor Peter Buckley, Lancashire County Council's cabinet member for community and cultural services, said: "Further to advice given regarding the poor condition of the ceiling and ensuring the safety of staff and members of the public, the decision was taken to close the library so that the ceiling could be replaced as soon as possible.
"Although we haven't got a definite date for the library to reopen yet, we will do all we can to make sure that this happens as soon as possible. In the meantime, the nearest alternative libraries that people can use are at Thornton and Fleetwood.
"We have also arranged for a mobile library vehicle to stop in front of Poulton Library whilst this situation is ongoing.
"Customers will not be charged for any books that they are unable to return currently.
"I apologise for any inconvenience that this causes and we will keep people updated about the situation."
All library members can use their cards at any library in Lancashire. The nearest libraries to Poulton for people to use during the closure are:
• Thornton (Victoria Road East, Thornton Cleveleys) – 0300 123 6703 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fleetwood (North Albert Street, Fleetwood) – 0300 123 6703 or email@example.com
The mobile library will stop on the car park in front of Poulton Library as follows:
• Tuesday 6 November from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
• Friday 9 November from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
• Wednesday 14 November from 2.30pm to 4.30pm
• Wednesday 21 November from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
• Friday 23 November from 2pm to 4.30pm
• Tuesday 27 November from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
• Friday 30 November from 3.30pm to 4.30pm
Poulton Library is part of Lancashire County Council's library service.
Anyone who lives in the UK can join a Lancashire library, either online or by visiting in person. It's free and there are no age restrictions.
For more information, go to www.lancashire.gov.uk/libraries
Alternatively call 0300 123 6703.