Monday, April 04, 2016
A diverse range of exciting courses have been launched for adult learners looking to pick up a new skill or develop their knowledge this summer.
Lancashire Adult Learning College (LALC), is offering classes across many areas including Health and Wellbeing; Humanities; English and Maths; and Computing, IT and Business - for those looking to take a different career path, expand their skillset, or simply pick up a new hobby.
Other courses include Paediatric First Aid; Counselling (Health and Wellbeing); Creative Writing; Family History (Humanities); Photoshop Workshop; and Getting to Know Your Tablet Device (Computing, IT and Business).
LALC Principal Amanda Melton said: “We are very excited to launch our new summer courses for adult learners – which includes more than 100 courses across a variety of areas.
“We have students coming to us with a range of needs - wanting to pick up a few key phrases for a holiday, needing to study for a future or current job, looking for a social activity, and more. That is why we are offering a varied programme of courses across the Lancashire community to cater to all tastes and help adults achieve their goals.”
Students have been sharing their thoughts on previous programmes, with feedback including:
• “This course has helped me more in eight weeks than I thought was possible at the beginning. I now feel more motivated to ask for help and to make changes in my life.”
• “I’ve developed and enhanced my yoga skills, as well as my balance and flexibility in general.” (Health and Wellbeing)
• “This has inspired me and I will have far more confidence to speak in Spanish on my next holiday.” (Languages, Literature and Culture)
• “This course has shown me how to cook healthy budget meals. I only used the microwave before to reheat food, now I can prepare a fresh meal from scratch.” (Health and Wellbeing)
To celebrate the new Summer Programme, LALC is offering a week of free courses from 13 June to 17 June as part of the Festival of Learning.
The Festival of Learning runs throughout May and June, bringing together organisations across the country to offer thousands of opportunities for everyone to learn something new.
LALC, which was recently rated as Good by Ofsted, provides learning in more than 120 community based venues across the county – including at its main base, in Southport Road, Chorley.
For more information visit www.lancashire.gov.uk/adultlearning/about-us or come along to an upcoming information and enrolment event:
• Chorley Library – Tuesday 5 April, 10am – 12noon
• Accrington Library – Wednesday 6 April, 1pm – 2.30pm
• Morecambe Library – Thursday 7 April, 10am – 11.30am
• Burnley Central Library – Friday 8 April, 10am – 11.30am
Anyone can speak to the LALC Enrolments Team by calling 0300 123 6711.
For more information on getting involved in the Festival of Learning, visit www.alw.org.uk/festival-learning
Tagged as: Adult Learning