Online Safety for Governors
Suitable for: governors only
|Course code||Keystages||Presented by|
|GOV121||Foundation; KS1; KS2; KS3; KS4; Post16||
Technological developments and the increased availability of web-enabled devices have brought many benefits and opportunities for children and schools.
The increased access to the Internet has also brought safeguarding implications for schools to consider and deal with.
This course provides an up-to-date overview of online safety for primary schools. It looks at the range of online safety risks that affect pupils and school staff. It will also look at key safeguarding documents, Ofsted recommendations, online safety policy development and ways that schools can support both pupils and parents in this area of safeguarding.
The content of this course will include:
• Current news and discussion of key documents, Ofsted recommendations, research and statistics relating to online safety.
• Key features of evaluating online safety policies.
• Online safety risks to pupils including grooming, fake news, self-harm and gaming.
• Professional reputation and staff professional development.
• Online safety resources specifically created to support governors.
This course is for Governors only. Schools who have bought into the Service Level Agreement will receive this course for free as part of their package, but will be charged £25 for non-attendance. Schools which have not bought in to the SLA will be charged the full course fee. It is important that you inform LPDS if you are unable to attend a course to avoid the charge for non-attendance.
You will receive a course confirmation letter via the Schools' Portal and also via email 4 weeks prior to the course.