Silly Squad 2020 outdoor challenge
We are inviting children across Lancashire to take our challenge, find clues, make stories and get out and about near where you live. There are prizes to win and you can share your ideas with us on social media. It's all about noticing things on your doorstep and having fun with your imagination.
What you need to take part – a pencil and this quiz sheet.
You can do this challenge with family and friends exploring the area near where you live.
You can do the questions in any order.
Please read the terms and conditions and then complete the challenge by the end of September and return this form by dropping off at your nearest open library or emailing it to ReadingAndLearningDevelopmentTeam@lancashire.gov.uk.
At the end of September, each library will select a winning entry in each age category (4-7 and 8-12) to be awarded with a brand new book.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is free to enter
- The competition will be open to entries from Monday 17 August 2020 until Wednesday 30 September 2020.
- Competition entry forms can be collected from one of our open Lancashire library branches (please see https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/coronavirus-updates/libraries for latest information).
Or downloaded a copy below.
- To submit a competition entry, completed forms can be returned to an open Lancashire library branch, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prizes will be awarded to one entry from each library – and will be selected at random.
- The prizes will consist of an age appropriate book. There will not be the opportunity to exchange the prizes, and there is no cash alternative. They will be available to collect from your nearest open Lancashire library.
- The competition is open to anyone up to and including the age of 12 (as of 17 August 2020), and there will not be a limit of number of entries per person.
- Competition entries must include a note of your name, age, library and Lancashire library card number (found on the back of your library card, starting 20118).
- All winners will be notified by Friday 9 October by library staff using the nominated contact methods on their library account. Prizes will be available to collect from Monday 12 October.