Help and advice on getting a job
We can help you if you are:
- Looking for a job
- Looking to improve your computer skills to search and apply for jobs
- Thinking of changing career
- Thinking of starting a business
At our libraries we can help you:
- Set up an email account.
- Register with Find a job.
- Find useful advice from the National Careers Service.
- Learn more about completing an application form.
- Find a CV template, CV tips and what to include in your CV.
- Access Jobseeker Skills which includes guides to Find a job, job hunting, CVs/covering letters, interviews and starting work. Login with your Lancashire library card number.
- Register with Make it Click to access online training for jobseekers. Add your local library as the centre you're learning in.
However, we will not be able give you advice on CVs or help you apply for specific jobs.
Contact a library for more details.
We regularly hold online basics and online jobs sessions. You may need to book for some sessions.
We hold free work clubs in a number of libraries and other venues across Lancashire where tutors will help with producing CVs and covering letters, completing application forms, interview skills and searching for jobs online.