Digital library competition
To enter, you'll need to find information from 7 of our free eReference resources, from the digital library. In the digital library you will find a huge variety of free information to access, ranging from local history and citizenship to world newspapers, music and business publications.
If you need help finding the weblink (URL) or citation for the article here are some hints.
The closing date for all entries is Sunday 3 November. Good luck.
Terms and conditions
The Lancashire Digital Library competition has a number of terms and conditions for entry.
- Submission and acceptance
- No purchase necessary.
- To enter, visit the relevant section of the website and copy the weblink (url) or citation.
- Last date for receipt of entries is Sunday 3 November 2019.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules or other matters related to the competition, the judges’ decision is final.
- Eligibility to enter
- The competition is open to anyone who lives or works in Lancashire.
- There is no age limit. Young people under the age of 18 will be asked for their date of birth.
- Employees of Lancashire County Council Libraries, Museums, Culture and Archives services and their families or anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible.
- This competition is open for entries between 7 October and 3 November 2019 (inclusive). Entries are made via the online competition form only (there is no printed/paper entry form).
- Competition prize and prize winner
- The prize is non-transferable.
- No cash alternative, charity donation or substitution prize will be offered.
- There is one overall prize and the winner will be notified within 28 days of the closing date of the competition. The winner will be selected randomly from all the correct entries. If the selected winner does not respond to contact made by Libraries, Museums, Culture and Archives within 28 days of the initial notification date, that person’s claim to the prize will be forfeited and we reserve the right to award the prize to a substitute winner. The prize is to be collected in person from a Lancashire library of the winner's choice.
- Submission of an entry indicates approval to be named in publicity, although further permission will be sought in the case of photographs/video for the media or Lancashire County Council.
- The prize
- The prize is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 16GB 10.5" 2018 WiFi Tablet.
- Variations and termination
- Lancashire County Council reserves the right to amend at any time the terms and conditions or to terminate this competition.