Lancashire Crime Capers
This year we celebrate Libraries Week from 5 to 11 October. To mark this occasion, we are hosting a competition where you will have the opportunity to win an iPad, kindly donated by BorrowBox, our eBook supplier
All you need to do is send us a review of a crime or detective novel.
We have a fantastic selection of new and old crime stories for you to read or listen to through our BorrowBox app or you can pick up a whodunit from your local library.
You can enter the competition online, by completing a review form, email or by sharing your review on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #LancsCrimeCapers.
The competition is open to all Lancashire library members over 18 and will run until Saturday 31 October 2020.
Find out more about entering and see the full terms and conditions (also available at your local library).
Enter the Crime Capers competition
Download a Crime Capers review form PDF 200kb (and hand in at your local library)
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is free to enter.
- The competition is open to all Lancashire libraries members (membership is free and you can join at any Lancashire library or online at our Join the library page ).
- The competition will be open to entries from Monday 5 October 2020, until Saturday 31 October 2020.
- Competition entry forms can be collected from one of the open Lancashire library branches (please see our Libraries Covid19 Update page for the latest information).
They can be downloaded or you can enter online here.
- You can also enter the competition by tweeting (this can be a thread of tweets) a review of a crime novel to @lancspublib using the hashtag #LancsCrimeCapers or by posting a message as a reply to the competition post on Lancashire libraries Facebook page @lancslibraries. If you enter the competition via social media, you may be contacted via direct message to verify your library number. Please do not post your library card number on your Twitter or Facebook entry.
- To submit a competition entry form, completed forms can be returned to an open Lancashire library branch, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prizes will be awarded to one entry, selected at random from all of the entries received. Entries from under 18s and non-members will not be included.
- The prize is an iPad, kindly donated by BorrowBox.
- The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 (as of 31 October 2020), and there is no limit of number of entries per person.
- Competition entries must include a note of your name and Lancashire library card number (found on the back of your library card, starting 20118).
- Any entry to the competition or extracts from it may be used (anonymously) on our website or on social media.
- The winner will be notified by Friday 13 November by library staff using the nominated contact methods on their library account. At this point we will discuss the collection or delivery arrangements for the prize.