Covid winter grant scheme
We are working closely with local authority partners, as well as the community and voluntary sectors across Lancashire, to support people whose lives have become more difficult because of Covid-19.
The national Winter Grant is available for families and individuals who need extra help.
It aims to support families and vulnerable individuals with:
- Access to food for the Christmas and February half term holiday
- Help with household energy bills
Those who are set to benefit include
- Families eligible for benefits related free school meals/Vulnerable Families with pre-school children and other vulnerable families
- Looked after children (16 and 17 year olds) in semi-independent provision
- Care leavers
- Vulnerable households - The council will identify which vulnerable households are in most need of support and apply its own discretion when identifying eligibility.
We are working with schools and education providers to ensure families eligible for benefits related free school meals will receive vouchers directly for the Christmas holidays.
Vouchers will be issued for children aged two who are currently eligible for a funded early years place, or three and four-year-olds who are currently accessing a funded early years place and would be eligible for a benefits-related free school meal.
Other payment mechanisms are being put in place for other qualifying families and individuals to ensure distribution of the initial vouchers for food prior to the Christmas holidays.
If you have suffered a loss or reduction in your income due to Coronavirus, our guide explains the different ways you may be able to get financial help.