Foster with us
Can you provide a child with a safe, warm, caring, stable and loving home for as long as they need it? Every week about 20 children and young people need foster carers.
We give our approved carers
- 24/7 support from dedicated local social workers
- a generous financial allowance and extra allowances for birthdays and holidays
- up-to-date and relevant training in line with the latest research and input from an experienced network of approved fosters carers
- wellbeing activities and events, providing a support network and activities related to art, culture, sport, and self-care for our foster carers, children and fostering families
New foster carers will have the support of our:
- foster care academy
- fostering mentoring scheme
- fostering communities project
- word of mouth referral scheme
- special leave
We have a moral as well as legal responsibility for the children we look after so you can be sure that we will find you the most suitable match to ensure you can meet the child's individual needs. Unlike some independent fostering agencies, we are not for profit so you can be sure that our foster carers have excellent support and training to meet the needs of the children.
Read our guide to fostering – in one handy information pack (PDF 1.38 MB)
From 24/7 support and ongoing training to a generous allowance, we'll be with you all the way.
Find out how to become a foster carer with us.
Already a foster carer and looking for a change? We'd love to hear from you.
Watch our new series of videos about fostering with first-hand accounts from our foster children, foster carers and fostering team.