Local Councils United
Football, like fostering, brings communities together. To coincide with the FIFA World Cup, 26 council fostering teams have joined together to form ‘Local Councils United’.
Each day throughout the tournament, a different local authority fostering team will publish their football-themed video highlighting why you should foster with your local council.
The campaign brings together a united fostering community, to share with everyone why people should foster with their local authority.
Football teams, carers, young people and families will all be featured in the clips during the World Cup campaign with the hashtag #FosterWithYourCouncil2022.
Foster for Lancashire World Cup 2022
Here's a sneak preview of our fostering World Cup video. Could you help local children achieve their goals and Foster for Lancashire?
Get in touch
In Lancashire, we urgently need more foster carers who can provide a safe, stable and loving home for local children and young people. you could make a positive difference to a local child's life.
Foster for your council. Foster for Lancashire.
Get in touch with us via our enquiry form or call us on 0300 123 6723 to start your fostering journey.
We have a number of events taking place throughout the county. You will have the opportunity to meet experienced social workers and current carers and ask questions.
We are looking for people who can foster all ages of children, particularly siblings who need to stay together and teenagers. You don't need any formal experience or qualifications. All we ask is that you have a spare room available and a desire to make a difference to a local child's life.
From 1 April 2022, we increased the financial allowances we pay to support our foster carers. This includes a:
- weekly allowance to help with the cost of caring for a child
- one off £1,000 welcome payment, for non-connected foster carers, after successfully fostering a child with us for two months
- one off £1,000 incentive when a sibling group of three or more children are matched and placed at the same time, and fostered for two months.
New foster carers will also have:
- ongoing local training and support groups
- foster care academy induction programme
- fostering mentoring scheme where you will be allocated a mentor
- fostering communities project providing local peer support to small groups of foster carers.
Find out more about the benefits and support you'll receive as part of our fostering community.
Get in touch
Interested in fostering with us? We'd love to hear from you.
If you'd prefer to speak to someone then give us a call on 0300 123 6723