Together we can give children a childhood
Across Lancashire, there are children in need of a home and the freedom to be young. Together we can give children a childhood.
In a ground-breaking national collaboration, we have worked with 55 Local Authorities across England to share ideas and jointly fund the creation of a short film to raise awareness of fostering. It is aimed at finding more people who may be interested in becoming foster carers and providing nurturing, positive homes for children and young people across the country who need them.
The new film, simply called ‘Childhood’, highlights the impact of neglect on children, particularly brothers and sisters who may be left at times to try and care for each other. It shows the journey of ‘Sophie’ and ‘Charlie’ who are in a very difficult home situation where their needs are not being met, to being nurtured and supported through foster care to attend school and be able to enjoy their hobbies and interests. In other words, have a childhood.
Get in touch
Through thick and thin, brothers and sisters like 'Sophie' and 'Charlie' rely on each other for support, comfort and love. You can help keep them together.
Foster for your council. Foster for Lancashire.
Get in touch with us via our enquiry form or call us on 0300 123 6723 to start your fostering journey.
We have a number of events taking place throughout the county, including in-person information evenings oat County Hall, Preston. You will have the opportunity to meet experienced social workers and current carers and ask questions.
We are looking for people who can foster all ages of children, particularly siblings who need to stay together and teenagers. No formal experience or qualifications are needed, all we ask is that you have a spare room available and a desire to make a difference to a local child's life.
From 1 April 2022, we increased the financial allowances we pay to support our foster carers. This includes a:
- weekly allowance to help with the cost of caring for a child
- one off £1,000 welcome payment, for non-connected foster carers, after successfully fostering a child with us for two months
- one off £1,000 incentive when a sibling group of three or more children are matched and placed at the same time, and fostered for two months.
New foster carers will also have:
- ongoing local training and support groups
- foster care academy induction programme
- fostering mentoring scheme where you will be allocated a mentor
- fostering communities project providing local peer support to small groups of foster carers.
Find out more about the benefits and support you'll receive as part of our fostering community.
Get in touch
Interested in fostering with us? We'd love to hear from you.
If you'd prefer to speak to someone then give us a call on 0300 123 6723