Join us for our first Fun Palace event and explore the fantastic historic rooms of Gawthorpe Hall for free.
What's Going On - All activities start from 12pm
- Demonstrations of a range of different textile techniques - weaving, patchwork etc from the Friends of Gawthorpe Hall (in the Library on the ground floor)
- Have a go at Victorian Games (in the Old Nurseries on the second floor)
- Children's Crafts with the Heritage Learning Team (in the Victorian Kitchen in the basement)
- Free Rides on a Vintage bus between Gawthorpe Hall and Padiham, thanks to Michael Banham
There are no tickets, just turn up on the day. Its 'first come, first served' for all activities.
We have over twenty venues across Lancashire taking part in Fun Palaces this year: To find one near you, visit our website.
Fun Palaces are:
- Free : Free to enter, free to take part. No ticket needed, just turn up on the day
- Local : Ideally by local people for local people – that’s you.
- For all ages : They’re not just for families or children, they’re for everyone, whatever their age
- Inclusive : Everyone is welcome – as organisers or participants – and we’ll help you do it
- Hands-on : They’re about joining in with arts, science, crafts and tech. Doing something together.
- The process as much as the events : Communities from all over Lancashire making it happen.
- Part of a Campaign : A national and international shout for access and inclusion for culture.
- Yours : without you, it doesn’t happen.
Fun Palaces an annual event made by local people for their own communities, bringing together arts and sciences, crafts, tech and digital, free and fun, linked by the Fun Palace network.