Fun Palaces are about joining in with whatever your version of ‘culture’ may be (arts, science, craft, tech, digital, heritage, sports), whatever brings people together. Whatever your age come along and try something new and maybe surprise yourself.
- 10.00-12.00 Rock Decorating with St.Annes Rocks (in the Lending library)
- 10.30-12.30 Art Session with Lancashire Adult Learning (in the Community History room)
- 10.00-12.00 Make a Cute Card with Lytham St Annes Embroiders Guild (in the Lending library)
- 10.00-12.00 Danceblast with Andrew from the YMCA
- 10.00-4.00 Hands On First Aid with SJAB
- 10.00-4.00 Make a pin hole camera and Photo booth from Lytham St Annes Photographic Society
- 12.15-1.15 Mindfulness colouring (in the Lending library)
- 2.00-3.00 Lego club (in the Children's library)
- 2.00-4.00 Badge Making (in the Lending library)
- 2.00 - 4.00 Art session from Circles of Light (in the Community History room)
- 2.00-4.00 Try out Virtual Reality (in the Lending library)
- 2.00-4.00 Try The Guitar (in the Lending library)
- 3.15-4.00 Big Games (in the Children's library)
*activities, participants and times may be subject to change*
There are no tickets for this event, just turn up on the day. All activities are 'first come, first served'
We have over twenty venues across Lancashire taking part in Fun Palaces this year: To find one near you, visit our website: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/libraries-and-archives/libraries/fun-palaces/
Fun Palaces are:
- Free : Free to enter, free to take part. No ticket needed, just turn up on the day
- Local : Ideally by local people for local people – that’s you.
- For all ages : They’re not just for families or children, they’re for everyone, whatever their age
- Inclusive : Everyone is welcome – as organisers or participants – and we’ll help you do it
- Hands-on : They’re about joining in with arts, science, crafts and tech. Doing something together.
- The process as much as the events : Communities from all over Lancashire making it happen.
- Part of a Campaign : A national and international shout for access and inclusion for culture.
- Yours : without you, it doesn’t happen.
Fun Palaces an annual event made by local people for their own communities, bringing together arts and sciences, crafts, tech and digital, free and fun, linked by the Fun Palace network.