Lancashire Enterprise Partnership Business Support Portal
In order to comply with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), where personal data relating to a data subject is collected, Lancashire County Council would like to provide you with the following details.
Identity and contact details of the data controller
- Lancashire County Council, PO Box 78 County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8XJ
Contact details of the data protection officer
- Our Data Protection Officer is Paul Bond. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lancashire County Council, PO Box 78 County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8XJ
Purposes for processing
This information is required to assess the impact of business support initiatives on the economy of Lancashire and the companies supported. The information is also required to monitor the effectiveness of external funding such as the European Regional Development Fund and other funding allocated to the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership. It helps us to:
- Advise businesses of the range business support available within Lancashire
- Provide improved services to businesses though better coordination across support organisations
- Provide more joined up, comprehensive performance management information to help us attract additional funding to Lancashire to support local businesses.
Data relating to the client journey and the value of public sector support is also required to comply with the State Aid De Minimis regulations specifically to monitor total support to individual businesses against the ceiling of 200,000 Euros in any three year period. This legislation is enforced across all UK Government and European funded business support projects.
Growth Lancashire’s role is to serve both new and existing businesses to grow job opportunities and skills across the County. Growth Lancashire works on behalf of the other publicly funded business support organisations in Lancashire in coordinating business data and signposting businesses to the most appropriate source of support. A team of business advisors offer impartial advice to help businesses realise their potential.
Category of personal data being processed
- Personal data (information relating to a living, identifiable individual)
- Special category personal data (racial, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation)
Legal basis for processing personal data
The legal basis for processing your personal data, in accordance with the UK GDPR is:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
Legal basis for processing special categories of personal data
The legal basis for processing your special categories of personal data, in accordance with the UK GDPR is:
- The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of this personal data.
Recipients of the data
Evolutive is a database that stores information regarding the support and funding that business across Lancashire have received. The system is administered by Growth Lancashire with direct access granted to the following organisations.
Lancashire Enterprise Partnership, Lancashire County Council, Blackburn with Darwen Council, Burnley Borough Council, Blackpool Borough Council, Chorley Council, Hyndburn Borough Council, Lancaster City Council, Pendle Borough Council, Preston City Council, Ribble Valley Borough Council, Rossendale Borough Council, South Ribble Borough Council, West Lancashire Borough Council and Wyre Council.
In order for you and your business to receive the appropriate help and support, access to Evolutive has been granted, through a secure portal, to: The University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN), Lancaster University, Edge Hill University, The Prince's Trust, Vedas Recruitment and Training, The Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership, Chamber Link, Learn Direct, Orvia Enterprise Ltd, Enterprise 4 All, Winning Pitch, the North West Aerospace Alliance and the Innovation Agency.
Statistical and research data will also be shared with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and other funding organisations.
Information we share
Each Lancashire Enterprise Partnership organisation will only share the necessary and relevant information required to provide your business with help, advice and relevant funding opportunities.
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Company contact details
- Company Personnel Contact details
- Nature of business
- Individual Client Name
- Individual Client Contact details
- Details of the client journey/hours spent
- Ethnicity of business owner
- Disability of business owner
- Age of business owner
- Employment status
- Nature of business enquiry
- Notes relating to business enquiry
- Outcome of any grant fund awarded including amount
- Outcome of any job creation including details of the job (ethnicity, gender)
- Gross Value Added (GVA)
Any transfers to another country
The Lancashire Enterprise Partnership will only store information received from their involvement with you for as long as is legally required or in situations where there is no legal retention period they will follow established best practice. At the end of the retention period electronic data will be deleted and any physical files will be confidentially disposed of.
You have certain rights under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), these are the right:
- to be informed via Privacy Notices such as this.
- to withdraw your consent. If we are relying on your consent to process your data then you can remove this at any point.
- of access to any personal information the council holds about yourself. To request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing. You are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data within 1 calendar month of our receipt of your subject access request. If your request is complex then we can extend this period by a further two months, if we need to do this we will contact you. You can request a subject access request, either via a letter or via an email to Information Governance Team, address below.
- of rectification, we must correct inaccurate or incomplete data within one month.
- to erasure. You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing unless we have a legal obligation to process your personal information.
- to restrict processing. You have the right to suppress processing. We can retain just enough information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
- to data portability. We can provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form when asked.
- to object. You can object to your personal data being used for profiling, direct marketing or research purposes.
- in relation to automated decision making and profiling, to reduce the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken without human intervention.
If you want to exercise any of these rights then you can do so by contacting:
Information Governance Team
Lancashire County Council
PO Box 78
To ensure that we can deal with your request as efficiently as possible you will need to include your current name and address, proof of identity (a copy of your driving licence, passport or two different utility bills that display your name and address), as much detail as possible regarding your request so that we can identify any information we may hold about you, this may include your previous name and address, date of birth and what council service you were involved with.
If you would like more information about this specific project then please contact email@example.com.
For more information about how we use personal information see Lancashire County Council's full privacy notice.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the Information Governance team who will investigate the matter.
Lancashire County Council, PO Box 78 County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8XJ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).