The mobile library vehicle has undergone its compulsory annual service which resulted in further work being necessary in order for it to pass the MOT.
It will now be available for customers again on Friday 12 October.
St Anne's library is a highly valued asset in the local area as well as being a Grade 2 listed building and Carnegie library. In recognition of this, we have commissioned works to ensure that the library is in good condition and is able to continue to be used by the community.
The works taking place over the next few months are complex and will take some time to complete because of the very specific requirements relating to such a building.
We appreciate local concerns and would like to assure members of the community that every effort is being made to finish these important works so that St Anne's library is able to reopen safely to the public.
We are installing an information board on the fencing around the outside of the site whilst the works are ongoing and regular updates will be posted on our website.
Contractors are moving onsite in May and activity over the next few months will include:
- Setting up the site to secure the area, protect the building and putting up scaffolding
- Carrying out structural repairs to the walls, windows and roof trusses
- Repairing external drains
- Restoring the roof cupola
- Weather sealing the building – waterproofing flat roofs
- Renewing the plumbing and electrics
- Restoring the inside of the building including the plaster work and painting
- Fitting out the new library layout and public network computers
- Re-stocking the books and getting ready to open.
A temporary mobile library service started on Monday 26 March at the Public Offices, 288 Clifton Drive South, St Anne's. The mobile unit will stay until the work at the library building has been completed.
We have worked with Fylde Borough Council to find a suitable location for the temporary library to ensure people have access to library services.
Some of St Anne's services are being delivered from Ansdell library including collecting reserved items and some events (see events listings for details). Ansdell library and Kirkham library will continue to open additional hours while St Anne's library is closed.
The registration service is operating on a temporary basis from the Lancashire County Council Estates Office, Hastings Place, Lytham until St Anne's library reopens.
We are sorry for any inconvenience.