European Settlement Scheme

About the EU settlement scheme

If you're a European Union citizen, European Economic Area citizen, or Swiss citizen living in the UK, you can apply for settled or pre-settled status using the Government's EU Settlement Scheme.

The application closing date was the 30th June 2021, but it is possible to make a late application. The Home Office have set out a updated guidance on their website EU Settlement Scheme: information for late applicants - GOV.UK (

Who should apply

Information on who should apply for pre-settled or settled status can be found on the website.

You can check your personal situation by using's online tool.

If you want to apply to the EU Settlement scheme, and are eligible to make an online application, you can use an app to scan your documents and complete the application process.

The EU Exit app must be downloaded a smartphone or tablet. This does not need to be your own device.

Check whether your device is compatible and find out how to use the app


Page 1 of 3