Help for residents

We are working closely with local authority partners, as well as the community and voluntary sectors across Lancashire, to be able to provide help to those who need it.

Find out what support you can get if you’re affected by coronavirus - Use this service to find out what help and advice you can get from the government and other organisations. You can use it for yourself or someone else.

Apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment - You might be able to get a payment of £500 if you’re on a low income and you have to self-isolate.

Community Hubs

Community hubs have been created in each district across Lancashire to coordinate support and help which is available for those in need.

Volunteer support

If you feel isolated, vulnerable and in need of volunteer support you can fill out a community support referral form and a member of the Lancashire Volunteer Partnership will contact you.

If you are a group or organisation that can help support vulnerable people at this time please visit Our Lancashire.

Financial help

If you have suffered a loss of or reduction in your income due to Coronavirus, our guide explains the different ways you may be able to get financial help.

Funding to help support children and families

Support for children and families with food vouchers

Talkzone advice and information line

Talkzone has been offering help and advice to young people for 25 years but has now been extended to also offer support to families while the council's Neighbourhood Centres and Youth Zones are closed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The current situation with coronavirus will be affecting people of all ages in different ways, and we urge anyone who feels they need some advice and support, to get in touch.

Talkzone is open from 2pm to 10pm every day including bank holidays and weekends.

Visit the Talkzone website for more information about getting in touch.

Support for clinically extremely vulnerable people

Government have provided guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19

If you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus, you can register with for support. You’ll be able to ask for help, for example, getting deliveries of essential supplies like food or medicine.

Register for yourself or on someone else's behalf.  GOV.UK: Get coronavirus support as a clinically extremely vulnerable person

If you consider yourself vulnerable but don’t meet this criteria there is still help available through the Community Hubs.

Age UK Lancashire

Age UK Lancashire provides an information and Advice Line for:

  • Information on sources of local support, including referrals to emergency food supplies, where available;
  • Advice on a range of issues, including: benefits, housing options, health & community care;
  • A Welfare Benefits check over the telephone

Call Age UK on 0300 303 1234 or visit the Age UK Lancashire website

Age Concern

The Age Concern Coronavirus Support Service is aimed at helping those within self-isolation and their carers to access: 

  • Shopping trips
  • Free food parcels / welfare ‘goodie’ bags
  • Regular telephone calls / befriending service
  • Information and advice – incl. benefits assessments and links to wider public/voluntary sector support
  • Specialist dementia care and support
  • Selected Dementia Products available through our website.  
  • A collection of free online Resources through our website

Various levels of support are available across Lancashire.

To refer in to the service or to enquire about volunteering, please contact Age Concern Central Lancashire through the Coronavirus Helpline: (01772) 552850 (Option Zero) or visit the website: