Safe use of our buildings
Protecting staff and service users
To keep our service users, staff and communities safe from the effects of COVID-19 we have a risk assessment framework in place which is based on guidance produced by the government and Public Health England.
A Generic Risk Assessment template is provided for all schools and services to complete and amend to reflect their own circumstances. The template is based on Government Guidance and is reviewed regularly to ensure that it reflects any changes in Government Guidance and emerging scientific evidence. In addition, individual risk assessments are carried out for any members of staff who raise concerns about a return their duties or to working form an LCC premise due to falling into any of the vulnerable categories.
The following are examples of control measures introduced as an outcome of some of the completed risk assessments:
- The provision of equipment to enable staff to set up safe workstations at home
- Introduction of new entry/exit procedures including directional signage to help staff remain safe whilst moving around our buildings
- Hands sanitiser dispensers located at strategic locations
- Maximum occupancy levels displayed for each work area
- Workstations taken out of use to enable social distancing
- Signage posted to show local site rules
- Booking systems for access to public services
- Additional cleaning of high risk areas such as touch points
- Cleaning materials provided for staff to be able to clean / sanitise their own equipment
- Protective screens installed at reception points
The effectiveness of these measures is reliant on all staff and service users adhering to the control measures put in place and following the signage posted. The control measures put in place are to ensure everyone is kept as safe as possible whilst enabling the delivery of essential services to the people of Lancashire.
We have provided guidance for staff and service users about the use of face coverings in and around our buildings
Many council services are inviting members of the public to buildings by appointment only. If you are visiting one of our buildings please help by following any instructions displayed around the building or as advised by members of our staff.
Our risk assessment and action plan templates are available: