Coronavirus: Financial help

3. Test and Trace Support Payment

You may be entitled to a one-off payment of £500 through the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme if you are required to stay at home and self-isolate. You will be eligible if you live in England and meet all the following criteria:

  • You have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace
  • You are employed or self-employed
  • You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
  • You are receiving at least one of the following benefits:
    • Universal Credit
    • Working Tax Credits
    • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Pension Credit
    • Housing Benefit

These payments will not affect any of the above benefits and are administered by your local district council.

Councils will have discretionary powers to make payments to people who are not receiving any of the above benefits but who are in financial hardship, as they have been asked to self-isolate. It will be up to each council to set its own criteria for discretionary payment.

To find out more, you should contact the district council which you pay your Council Tax to. 

Page 3 of 4