Moving into further education

In year nine, if you have an education, health and care (EHC) plan your annual review is particularly important.

It will include discussions and plans for your transition into further education and adult life.

The year nine review may involve all those people and organisations who will play a major role when you leave school.  The Head Teacher must make sure that a transition plan is completed after the meeting.

The transition plan can be discussed and changed, if necessary, at a later review meeting. You and your family will be asked to help with this plan.

You could stay on at an ordinary or a special school, or move to a college of further education or into work-based training.  You may want to leave school at the end of year 11 to go to a Sixth Form, Further Education College or to work-based training.

If you are receiving support from a social worker, the Youth Offending Team or Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services they will also be able to help and support you though this time.

Transition Service

North - Fylde, Wyre and Lancaster 
Tel: 01524 586160

South - Chorley, South Ribble, West Lancashire and Preston
Tel: 01772 533697

East - Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Rossendale, Burnley and Pendle
Tel: 01254 220852

More information and advice