Trade Advice Category
Trading advice from several sources is available to help businesses comply with the law.
The Health and Safety Executive website has advice on:
The Chartered Trading Standards Institute provides advice on a number of topics:
- Weighing equipment for legal use
- Providing price information
- Packaged goods: average quantity
- Weights and measures for greengrocers
- Weights and measures for butchers
- The sale of alcohol in licensed premises
- The sale of solid fuel and wood fuel
- The sale and delivery of oil and gas
- Weights and measures for fishmongers
- Small bakers and average weight
- Labelling of honey
Information provided by the Chartered Trading Standard Institute. The county council is not responsible for this information.