A project to improve the overall performance and sustainability of an agricultural holding
Who can apply?
Farmers or groups of farmers
Is there a limit?
There is no maximum grant amount as such but the total project pot is limited. The maximum grant rate is 40%.
What is eligible?
Applications for grants could include:
- Equipment and machinery to improve the efficiency of the use of energy, water, fertilizer and other direct inputs (for example, precision farming or new technologies)
- Equipment and machinery to reduce impacts on soils (like specialist drills to enable low or zero tillage farming) and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Investment to improve facilities for slurry / manure management
- Investment to modernise or mechanise production and increase productivity
Costs could include:
- The costs of construction, acquisition or improvements to immovable property
- The purchase, hire purchase or lease purchase of new machinery and equipment (including second hand equipment)
- General costs such as architect, engineer and consultation fees (limited to 15% of the projects total eligible costs)
- Intangible investments including, acquisition or development of computer software
- Acquisition of patents, licenses, copyrights, trademarks
Costs which can't be claimed
A full list of ineligible costs can be found in the applicant handbook on the how to apply page