Sensory impairment awareness SCSC153
Who is this course for?
Social workers and social care support officers who are likely to be the first point of face to face contact to assess need in people with sensory impairment.
To improve communication skills and knowledge and enhance empathy and insight for participants. This will in turn enable participants to provide a more person centred service to people with sensory impairment.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Describe leading causes and types of sight loss and hearing loss.
• Describe deafblindness
• Identify the signs of sensory loss
• Outline techniques and tips on communication and guiding.
• Identify appropriate equipment and assistive technology.
• Outline the needs of individuals who have a sensory impairment
Christine Hardy DBUK
Delivery Dates & Venue
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ
Currently no training dates available.