Moving and handling update for occupational therapy leads SC115
Who is this course for?
Occupational Therapy Leads only
The course provides a legal update to occupational therapy leads on Moving and Handling Best Practice, with reference to how to support a person suffering with dementia and associated illness to live independently as possible.
- Identify different features of dementia related illness.
- List and describe how dementia impacts on activities of daily living.
- List types of challenging behaviour.
- List reasons for challenging behaviour.
- Describe how to assess for challenging behaviour risks.
- Outline how to implement strategies to reduce challenging behaviour.
- Describe appropriate and inappropriate restraint/interventions.
- Describe moving and handling strategies specific to an individual with dementia.
- Outline how best to reduce risk to themselves and others from challenging behaviour.
Deborah Harrison from A1 Risk Solutions
Medequip Depot Unit G4
Leyland Business Park Centurion
- 17/11/17 10:00 to 16:30
- 08/12/17 10:00 to 16:30
- 12/12/17 10:00 to 16:30