Moving and handling update for occupational therapy leads SC115
Who is this course for?
Occupational Therapy Leads only
The course provides a legal update to occupational therapy leads on Moving and Handling Best Practice, with reference to how to support a person suffering with dementia and associated illness to live independently as possible.
- Identify different features of dementia related illness.
- List and describe how dementia impacts on activities of daily living.
- List types of challenging behaviour.
- List reasons for challenging behaviour.
- Describe how to assess for challenging behaviour risks.
- Outline how to implement strategies to reduce challenging behaviour.
- Describe appropriate and inappropriate restraint/interventions.
- Describe moving and handling strategies specific to an individual with dementia.
- Outline how best to reduce risk to themselves and others from challenging behaviour.
Deborah Harrison from A1 Risk Solutions
Medequip Depot Unit G4
Leyland Business Park Centurion
Currently no training dates available.