MCA - Chairing Best Interests Meetings SC139
Who is this course for?
People who would be expected to Chair Best Interests Meetings, including;
Adult Services Social Workers, Senior Practitioners and Team Managers, Mental Health Social Workers and Managers.
To equip the learner to confidently conduct a Mental Capacity Act 2005 Best Interest decision Meeting as outlined in the MCA 2005 Code of Practice and to clarify the roles and responsibilities of Chair and Decision Maker.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Clearly Identify when a Best Interests Meeting is necessary.
- Clearly describe the purpose of the Best Interests Meeting.
- Describe the Best Interest decision making process.
- Outline clearly all the considerations involved in the best Interests decision making process.
- Describe how core skills are relevant to the process
Delivery Dates & Venue
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ