Homelessness update SC40
Who is this course for?
Staff within Adult Services working with ongoing homelessness or housing law
To inform experienced practitioners who need to be up to date with recent developments in housing law. Particular emphasis is given to recent case law decisions and their implications for housing advice and casework.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Describe the Homelessness Act 2002.
• Outline recent developments relating to homelessness.
• Explain recent case law on landlords and tenants: including secure, introductory, assured and assured short hold tenancies, deposit schemes, nuisance cases and housing benefit.
• Outline recent case law in relation to the Human Rights Act and disability discrimination.
• Describe current housing and community care provisions.
• Describe how to prepare to challenge local authority decisions.
Patrick Whelan - Shelter
Delivery Dates & Venue
Conference Training Facility
Preston. PR1 8XJ
Currently no dates available.